Mail is an email application that included with every Mac OS iOS and watchOS by Apple Inc. You can find it into your Mac or Iphone or Ipad, “Mail” had developed by NeXT as NeXTMail, a part of their NeXTSTEP operating system.
The current version of Mail using SMTP “Simple Mail Transfer Protocol” for message sending, POP3 “Post Office Protocol”, Exchange and IMAP “Internet Message Access Protocol”, for message retrieval and S/MIME “Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions” for end-to-end message encryption. It is also preconfigured to work with popular email providers, such as Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail, Gmail, Outlook and iCloud and it supports Exchange.
In this tutorial, I will provide you step by step the detailed instruction for how to configure your Email account to work on your MAC email application.
1. Click on the apple icon and then click on “System Preferences…”.
2. Click on “Internet Accounts” to add your email account, highlighted on the below screenshot.
3. Now you will see a list of all different accounts, click on “Add Other Account”.
4. Click on “Mail Account” just like the below screenshot.
5. Type the preferred name for the email account, and the full email address and password and then click “Sign In”.
6. On this step you have to provide your mail configuration settings usually your IT Administrator will provide you with it, it will be like below.
Email Address: it must be the email address that you provided at the first.
Username: re-enter your full email address.
Password: your password of the email account
Account Type: by default, it’s IMAP, and it’s recommended to be IMAP unless you want to use POP3.
Incoming Mail Server: you can get that from your IT Administrator.
Outgoing Mail Server: you can get that from your IT Administrator.
After you entered the full configurations details click on “Sign In”.
7. Your email is configured now and you will be asked which programs do you want to use with your email account, just like the below screenshot.
After this tutorial you should be able to know how you can add your email account on your Mac, for any inquiry regarding this tutorial please comment below and one of “AvoidErrors” team will try to reply you ASAP.