How to Allow Logon Through Remote Desktop Services
Have you ever been working on a middle of a project when you faced an error that it’s related to remote desktop services, that you can’t login to the domain controllers located in a remote site, that mean that the DC “Domain controller” refused to allow the log in, the error message was like the below screenshot.
That’s means that there is AD Replication issue in the setup, then the below steps will guide you how you can allow to log in to the domain controller, follow the below steps to guarantee a successful result
1. Open GPO, the group policy editor from the run window by typing “gpedit.msc” just like the below screenshot.
2. Go to the following path Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
3. Edit the policy setting “Allow log on through remote desktop services” and add the user group to allow RDP access.
4. Now the policy settings that you had enabled will determine which users or groups will get the permission to log on as “Remote Desktop Services Client”, and to make sure that everything works perfectly allow “User Rights Assignment” from the group policy.
5. Now any user will be allowed to log in to the domain controller remotely.
After this tutorial, you should be able to know how you can enable “Remote Desktop Services Client” from the group policy editor to log in to the domain controller remotely.