Step by Step Video tutorial on How to Backup to SkyDrive Automatically Using SyncToy
In this tutorial, to be sure you guys out how to Automatically Using SyncToy. skydive is a Microsoft cloud storage which can sync your device,similar to dropbox. One of the major differences is that it comes integrated in the new versions of Microsoft office. I can easily save files to skydive and be able to sync it with all my devices and also share if you wish to do so.
If you have a Hotmail account MSN account or life account there is no need to create an account. Once you have created an account and download skyDrive to your computer
Follow these simple steps to Backup to SkyDrive Automatically.
1. Launch SyncToy and create a new folder pair. For instance, to backup documents, set the “Left Folder” as your My Documents folder and the “Right Folder” as a sub-folder of SkyDrive. Set the action as needed.
- Synchronize: New and updated files are copied both ways. Renames and deletes in one folder is repeated on the other.
- Echo: New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right.
- Contribute: New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames on the left are repeated on the right. Similar to Echo, except there are no deletions.
2. Repeat Step 1 for every folder that you want to back up using SkyDrive. If you want to backup all your Videos, just point the left folder to the main ‘My Videos’ folder or choose individual folders if you don’t have space to backup the entire archive.
3. Enter taskschd.msc in the Windows Run box to start the Task Scheduler or go to Start –> All Programs –> Accessories –> System Tools –> Scheduled Tasks.
4. While you are inside Task Scheduler, create a basic task and give it a name like ‘SkyDrive Backup.’ Set as Daily it will run backup once per day and choose a time when you are less likely to use your Computer.
5. Under Action, choose “Start a Program” and set the program name as SyncToyCmd.exe. For arguments, just say “-R” without quotes and save the task.
That’s it! SyncToy will launch everyday at the set time and will put all the new and updated files into SkyDrive. Once there, SkyDrive will automatically copy your files to the cloud which you can then access from anywhere from almost any device.