BitLocker Encryption is a data protection feature available Windows 10, Having BitLocker integrated with the operating system addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or inappropriately decommissioned computers.
Data or files on a lost or stolen computer are vulnerable to unsecured access, either by running a software-attack tool against it or by moving your computer’s hard disk to a different computer. BitLocker helps avoid unauthorized data access by increasing file and system protections. BitLocker also helps to render the data inaccessible when BitLocker is protecting your computer it will be decommissioned or recycled.
With this tutorial, we are going to explain how you can encrypt your data with BitLocker on Windows 10 step by step.
1. Click on “Start Menu” and type BitLocker, and then click on “Manage BitLocker”.
2. If “BitLockers” isn’t working on your computer, click “Turn on BitLocker”.
3. Choose your preferred method for the unlock option, as for our tutorial we select the “Password” option.
4. Once you click on Password option the wizard will require entering a password for the unlocking.
5. BitLocker will provide you with a recovery key and you have to backup it in a safe location, as it can be used to access your encrypted data, you can also print it if you would like.
6. Choose which encryption way do you want, as the below 2 options on the screenshot.
7. Choose which encryption mode do you prefer.
8. Last steps are here, you are now ready to start the encryption progress, once you feel you are ready click Continue, and the wizard will prompt to restart your computer.
9. Once your computer restarts, it will prompt to enter a password to unlock the drive.
10. After your Windows is booted up, the encryption process will appear.
After this tutorial you should be able to know how you can encrypt any drive in Windows 10 using BitLocker, if you have any inquiry regarding this tutorial please comment below.