How to Hide Neighbor’s WiFi in Your WiFi Network List
Each time you click the wifi icon on your taskbar and see a lots of WiFi profiles there, with this guide you can simply hide the unwanted WiFi SSID from the list on your computer, and also you can block all the other WiFi network, and only allowing your PCs to see which WiFi you want to connect, follow the below steps to guarantee a successful result.
1. Open Command Prompt with Administrator rights, just like the below screenshot.
2. To block a specific network, type the below command on the CMD window, and make sure to replace “WiFi Name” with the network name that you want to block, you can know the network name by clicking on the WiFi icon on the taskbar where it will display all the WiFi networks that are near to you.
netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid=”WIFI NAME” networktype=infrastructure
3. Do the above step with each network you need to block from appearing on your WiFi list.
4. Now, if you have blocked a WiFi name by wrong and you want this network to appear again, then you will need to run the below command in your CMD window, and also make sure to replace “WiFi Name” with the network name that you want to unblock.
netsh wlan delete filter permission=block ssid="WIFI NAME" networktype=infrastructure
5. If you want to add allowed WiFi network, use the below command, and replace “WiFi Name” with the network name that you need to add it to a whitelist.
netsh wlan add filter permission=allow ssid="WIFI NAME" networktype=infrastructure
6.Use the below command if you want to block all Wi-Fi networks that you haven’t specifically allowed.
netsh wlan add filter permission=denyall networktype=infrastructure
7. If you want to see all the network filters you had applied to your network preferences, use the below command.
netsh wlan show filters
After this tutorial, you should be able to know how you can block and unblock any WiFi network, and also able to do your preferred WiFi in a whitelist.