Block Websites using Linksys WRT54g Router
A feature that Linksys router provides is the ability to Block Websites, or particular key words, from individual computers on the home network.
To block an specific website you would need to do the following:
1. Login to your router by going to the IP address of it in your web browser. By default, it’s usually http://192.168.1.1
2. Click Access Restrictions.
3. In the drop down at the top of the screen, you can select which policy number you want to use.
4. Give the policy a name. I have named it Block Urban Outfitters in this example.
5. Click the Edit List of PCs button. It will bring up a window where you can specify which computers/connections to apply this rule to. You can do it by the network card MAC address or the IP address of the computer you wish to block. I prefer to use IP address,Click Save Settings when you’re done.