Need to change the boot order for your Windows 8.1, 7, Vista or XP Computer? By changing the boot order, you can force your computer to boot from the CD/DVD drive.
First Boot Device:
1. The first thing you have to do is restart your computer to enter BIOS.. You can enter the BIOS when you see a message such as “Press ESC to enter setup” or something similar.
2. Go to Advanced BIOS Features or Advanced Boot Options. Use the arrow keys to navigate.
3. As you can see, there is a First, Second and Third Boot Device.
4. Scroll down and use the arrow keys to change the First Boot Device to CD/DVD ROM, Second Boot Device to HDD (hard drive), Third Boot Device to Floppy, Network, or Disable.
5. Finally, go to Exit and make sure you choose Yes to the Save configuration changes.