How to Clone Computers Across The Network
Our goal is to run Norton Ghost 15 on the original computer to create a mirror image of the hard drive and place it on a shared folder in the server. Then run Norton ghost on all other computers creating a clone of the original computer from that image file on the server.
Clone Computers Across The Network
Creating the mirror image from the original computer’s hard-drive:
1. In my video I used Windows 7 as a server, you can use any network computer as a server as long as you have access to the shared folder and space to place the the Clone Image.
2. Create a folder and share it with the proper permissions so only you or admin have access to that folder.
3. Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From Norton Ghost
4. Insert Norton Ghost 15 on to the original computer disk drive and restart the computer make sure you change the boot sequence in the bios to boot from Norton Ghost 15.
5. Accept terms agreement, click on Network tab, start my networking services, if no errors comes up you are good to go. If you’re not sure if you got an IP just run the IP config utility and they will find out.
6. Click on Home, Back of my computer, Next to the Wizard enter the LIC. key provided by Norton when you purchased the software click Next.
7. Now select the drive/partitions you wish to clone. If you would have had a recovery partition and you wish to clone that too select the recovery partition as well.
Note: you must clone system reserved and your main hard drive all other partition are optional.
8. Map Network Drive using the directoy of the share folder. Plus the user name and password of the administrator.
9. Once successfully mapped, browse to select the mapped map drive, click okay, next to select your settings. (Leave settings default Recommended.)
10. Next to finish the wizard and start creating the mirror image file.
Creating clones out of the image file:
Once the we have created the mirror image of the original computer’s hard drive we need to run Norton Ghost 15 on the other computers and create a clone out of that image file.
1. Insert Norton ghost 15 onto the disk drive of the clones computer and reboot the computer.
2. Make sure to Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From Norton Ghost change the boot sequence in the bios to boot from
3. Accept terms agreement, click on Network tab, start my networking services, if no errors comes up you are good to go. If you’re not sure if you got an IP just run the IP config utility and they will find out.
4.Go to Home and now select Recover My Computer instead of back to my computer.
5. Map network drive select the a folder directory where we placed the image file click on okay to enter the username and password of the administrator
6. Once successfully mapped, browse for the mapped folder to select the System reserved image file first, click next to add the main drive partition (Drive C:)
7. Once both partition are selected click next to start creating the Clones.