In this article, I will go to the point approach to run Hyper configuration wizard “HCW” and configure your on-premise exchange hybrid environment with exchange online/Office 365.
Exchange Servers Supported Versions:-
- Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2016
- Operating System Supported Versions:-
- Windows Server 2008R2,
- Windows Server 2010, and 2012R2,
- Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
- A Valid SSL certificate.
- Office 365 Valid Subscription
You can configure the below three Flavours of the Hybrid environment with latest HCW. It depends on how you want to move your mailboxes to the cloud.
- Full Hybrid
- Minimal Hybrid
- Express Hybrid
Assuming that you are running Exchange 2010 SP2 with latest updates and your Local AD is synching to Azure with Azure AD Sync server.
Go to your Exchange server (This will be our Hybrid Server), you may choose any CAS server or even mailbox or multirole server to set it as Hybrid.
Open InternetExplorer and go to https://portal.office.com
OR directly open https://outlook.office365.com/ecp
1. Go to Exchange Administration Center and under Click Hybrid.
2. Let the setup wizard be downloaded on your server, once it is downloaded Click Run to start the wizard.
3. HCW will try to detect the on-premise Exchange server organization with shown supported versions, It will detect the server, or you may specify your own server if it is a multi-server environment, Provide the credentials for your on-premise exchange server.
4. Provide an account having Full Mailbox permissions on your Exchange Server.
5. Provide Office 365 Global Admin Credentials.
6. Wizard will get the configuration from both the organizations with some PowerShell scripts and would make a Cross Connection on both ends.
7. Once Connection is successful, you would see the Greenscreen as shown below.
8. On the Next window, you have to provide or select a valid third-party SSL certificate for your external email domain. So, the wizard could configure TLS based mail flow between on-premise and online.
9. Provide your External domain, it could be your CAS, or your firewall internet facing address, usually, “mail. Domain .com”, Click Next once done.
10. Now, once everything is verified, HCW would go ahead and start configuring your organization, Click “Update” to roll out the configurations.
11. On successful configurations, you will see the screen “Congratulations” below with anything missing to setup.