Configure Shadow Copy of Shared Folder Windows Server 2016
Shadow Copy is a technology included in Microsoft Windows that allows taking manual or automatic backup copies or snapshots of computer files or volumes, even when they are in use. It is implemented as a Windows service called the Volume Shadow Copy service.
Configure Shadow Copy On Windows Server 2016
1. Right click the driver that contains your shared folders, on this tutorial I will try on the “C:/” drive”, and then press on “Configure Shadow Copies…” from the right-click list
2. You also got the option to open it from Properties of the drive from the displayed tabs and enable it.
3. Once you clicked “Enable” a warning message will appear, click Yes, like the screenshot below .
4. After you confirm the warning message, click on “Settings” to change the currently allocated space for the shadow copy feature, also note that this space will be used by shadow copy to store different versions of the files.
5. You can press on “Schedule” button to customize the shadow copy settings, set it to your preferred times and then press “Ok”.
6. Now you are ready to the access your shared folders and also able to see the previous versions of it, to make sure of that go to “Properties” settings to one of the shared folders, and then click “Previous Versions” tab and you will see a list of previous versions of files/folder that created before just like the below screenshot.
Done!! if you have any questions feel free to post them in the comment section below.