Configure Windows Deployment Services on Windows Server 2016
With this tutorial, we will explain how to add Windows Images for deploying, creating Boot Image and Capture Image for capturing the reference PC which is a custom image of a Windows operating system.so follow to below steps to guarantee a successful deployment.
Now we need to add two different images in “Windows Deployment Services” (Install.wim) and (boot.wim), the (Install.wim) will be the image that WDS will use it to deploy to the client machine.
Add Image to Windows Deployment Services
1. Open “WDS” from Tool on the server manager dashboard.
2. Expand “Servers” and then expand your server name.
3. Right click on “Install Images” and click on “Add install image…”.
4. On “Add Install Image” wizard, type a name for the group and then click Next.
5. On the Image Files page, click Browse and select the “install.wim” image from Windows sources (Whatever its USB or CD) folder and then click Open and then click Next.
6. Select which edition do you want to use of the image that you had added, as for my image I only got one edition, so I will click Next.
7. On the “Summary” page it will confirm your selections and then click Next.
8. It will take a few minutes to check the integrity of image’s and adding the image.
9. Once the image is added successfully click Finish.
10. You will notice that the image is ready for deploying for clients.
11. Now you can the boot image, right click on “Boot Images” and click “Add Boot Image…”.
12. Click “Browse” and select “Boot.wim” file from the installation disk, and then click Next.
13. Give the image name and description, and then click Next.
14. The “Summary” page will confirm your selections, just click Next.
15. The wizard will start to add the image.
16. Now the selected image is added to the server successfully, click Finish.
After this configuration steps, you will be able to deploy and install Windows 10 for your network clients by WDS role, for any inquiry regarding this guide please comment below.