- Must have a USB drive 3.0 (32GB or Higher).
- A system with Windows 8 Enterprise client installed on your PC.
- A Windows 8 Enterprise Disk or .ISO image. (This is so you can use the Sourcesinstall.wim file from the DVD or mounted ISO file to create the Windows To Go.)
1. In Windows 8 Enterprise, Place the Windows 8 Enterprise Disk in the drive, or mount Windows 8 Enterprise ISO file. To use the Sourcesinstall.wim file from the DVD or mounted ISO to create the Windows To Go.
2. Plug int the USB flash drive you want to use for Windows To Go (must be 32 GB or Higer), open the Control Panel and click on Windows To Go icon.
3. Select the USB flash drive from the windows to go window, click on Next.
4. Select the Windows 8 Enterprise Sourcesinstall.wim file, and click on Next
5. I f you wish to use bit blocker. You’ll need to enter the password every time you boot from your Windows To Go USB flash drive workspace. This is different from the password you use to sign in to your Windows 8 PC.
6. To Use BitLocker on your Windows To Go USB Flash Drive just Check the Use BitLocker with my Windows To Go workspace box unchecked, type a password you want for BitLocker, the password must be at least 8 characters long.
7. I f you do NOT wish to use bit blocker. like you saw on my video just Leave the Use BitLocker with my Windows To Go workspace box unchecked, Click Skip.
8. Click Create to start the Windows To Go workspace, which could take up to 30 minutes or longer depending on the size of the image you are creating.
10. When finished, select what boot option you would like to use on your Windows To Go USB flash drive. (see screenshot below)
Yes = This will set this Windows 8 Enterprise PC to always boot automatically from this or any bootable USB flash drives when they are connected at boot.
No = This means that in order to boot from the Windows To Go USB flash drive you would need to manually change the boot sequence in the BIOS.