How to Create a DMG File on a MacOS?
One way to store or group files on a Mac is to create a Disk Image, A Disk Image is a file which has the properties of a separate hard drive or CD and allows for greater password protection and compression.
It has a size limit and options for encryption to keep your files safe and secure.
While there are a few applications that perform this task for you, it is recommended that you complete this process manually.
How to Manually Create DMG file?
1. Move all your files that you would like to make it in disk image into a new folder for easy access later.
2. Right-click on the folder and select “Get Info.” Note the size of this folder so you can know how large you will need to make your DMG File.
3. Head to “Applications” and then “Utilities.” and open “Disk Utility”.
4. Click “File”, “New Image” and then Blank Disk Image.
5. Enter a name for the Image and set the size you would like for your DMG File, and then click “Save”.
It only needs to be more than the original file to fit the files you are trying to store.
6. You will be able to see it appear on your desktop once it done, close the “Disk Utility”.
7. Now drag and drop your data inside the image.
Method 2: Using a third party application to create DMG file.
1. Download “iDMG” from Here.
2. After you had download “iDMG”, install and run it.
3. Restart your Mac Machine, so “iDMG” can be placed on Application folder.
4. After you have restarted your Mac machine, you can now access “iDMG” from Application folder.
5. All you have to do is drag and drop the files into the app and “iDMG” will convert it to DMG file.