How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 10
In this tutorial i will explain how you can create a system restore point for your Windows 10, as Windows 10 came with a lot of recovery features that help the user to fix their common problems, one of this features got “System Restore Point” which enables you to get your PC back in time where everything was working perfectly without any errors, follow the below steps to guarantee a successful result.
Check current status of System Restore:
1. Click on your “Start Menu” and search for “Create a restore point”.
2. Under “Protection Settings” you will see if the system restore is enabled for one of your drives or not, like the screenshot below.
3. If the system protection settings is off in one of the drives, click “Configure” then “Turn on System protection” then Ok.
Create a System Restore Point Shortcut script:
1. Create a new shortcut on your desktop.
2. Copy and paste the below code in the location field, then click “Next”
cmd.exe /k “wmic.exe /Namespace:\\root\default Path SystemRestore Call CreateRestorePoint “My Shortcut Restore Point”, 100, 7″
3. Give the newly created shortcut a name, and then click “Finish”.
4. Right-click on the shortcut you just created it and click on “Properties”.
5. Click on “Advanced”.
6. Make sure to check “Run as administrator” and then click Ok.
7. Now run the created shortcut.
8. Now every time you are going to install a new application or driver, double click the system restore icon to create a restore point to be on the safe side in case a new application or driver might cause a problem, just to be on the safe side.