Do you want to remove cookies and cache files from your Mac? A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is surfing the internet.
Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items you added in the shopping cart while you were on Amazon) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past).
It can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers, phone numbers and much more.
With this tutorial we are going to learn how you can delete the stored cookies on your Mac whatever the running OS.
Delete Cookies and cache Mac OS X
1. Open your favorite web browser from the below docker for example, i will open “Safari” just like the below screenshot.
2. From the top bar click on “Safari” and click “Preferences” from the drop-down list.
3. Once you click “Preferences”, from the top tabs click on “Privacy”.
4. From the “Privacy” tab, click on “Manage Website data…”.
5. A new window will open once you click “Manage Website Data”, you will be able to see all the cookies and cache files from this window.
6. To delete all the cache files and cookies click on “Remove All”, and then click “Remove Now” on the confirmation message.
7. Now your MAC is totally clean from cache files and cookies.