In this guide, I will explain on a step by step basis how to deploy application code to a virtual machine on AWS. On this tutorial we are going to use AWS Code Deploy, a service that automatically codes deployments to AWS or on-premises servers, to deploy code to virtual machines that you create and manage with Amazon EC2.
1. At the first, you need to create a pair key, if you haven’t a key open “Management Console” and click “Create Key Pair”.
2. Give your key pair a name and then click “Create”.
3. Go to the AWS Management Console, Expand “Developer Tools” and click on “Code Deploy Console”.
4. Click “Get Started Now” while you are on the AWS console page.
5. Select “Sample Deployment” and then click “Next”.
6. You will have to launch an AWS virtual machine to successfully deploy your code on it, as we had explained before AWS virtual machines are known as Amazon EC2 instances, configure the instance just like the below screenshot, and then click “Next Step”.
7. Give your application a name for this tutorial am going to name it “Hello World”, and then click “Next Step”.
8. Give a check on all the information about your application revision, such as its location and description, once you are done click “Next Step”.
9. Create a deployment group In the Deployment Group Name box, leave the proposed deployment group name (DemoFleet), after you fill the required data click “Next Step”.
10. Now it’s time to create a service role Choose Create a new service role. If you already have a service role, you can choose “Use an existing service role” and then click “Next Step”.
11. On this step, it’s recommended to leave the default deployment configuration and click “Next Step”.
12. Click “Deploy Now” if you are ready and it may take some time.
After this guide, you should be able to know how you can deploy application to a virtual machine on Amazon AWS, for any inquiry regarding the deployment steps please comment below and one of “AvoidErrors” team will try to reply you ASAP.