How can I remove the banner ads from Skype? there is a solution to get rid of these advertisements and make Skype better when it comes to having a clean conversation without advertisement.
Disable Advertisements in Skype:
Open Internet Explorer, Click on the gear icon or Tools then Internet Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now select the Security tab, then click on Restricted Sites icon, then the Sites button below it.
5. Under “Add websites to the zone:” enter the following link -> “” (without the quotes) into the text box and click on Add button
6. Once added, close and click OK to save the changes.
7. Restart Skype.From now on no more Advertisements while chatting.
8. To Enable Ads remove the link from Restricted Sites by selecting “https://apps.skype.com/” then click Remove.