How to Disable CHKDSK at Startup any Windows
In this tutorial, I will explain step by step how you can cancel CHKDSK in any windows at startup. Microsoft recreated the CHKDSK utility, this tool is being used for scanning and fixing the disk corruption, also Microsoft created a new file system “ReFS” which is not requiring offline check disk or repair corruption, the CHKDSK is used to check if there is a file system errors, bad sectors, lost clusters, and much more.
Sometimes windows user require to turn off CHKDSK cause they already have a plan for checking the system files by a different way. Then they have to follow the below steps to guarantee a successful result.
Cancel CHKDSK in Windows boot up
you can simply cancel it on the windows boot up by pressing any key and the below steps will show you how to cancel it from the registry editor.
1. Click on “Start” icon from your windows taskbar, and type “Regedit”, just like the below screenshot.
2. Navigate to this path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM- > CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Session Manager”.
3. Double click “BootExecute” item.
4. Change the value data “autocheck autochk * /r\DosDevice\C:” to “autocheck autochk *“, just like the below screenshot.
5. Close the registry editor, and restart your computer so changes can take effect.
After this tutorial, you should be able to know how you can disable CHKDSK at startup of any windows through the registry editor by the mentioned steps above.