How to Disable Magic Quotes in php on GoDaddy
Are you hosting your site with go daddy and want to disable magic quotes? To disable magic quotes in php on GoDaddy follow this simple video tutorial. Magic quotes may be disabled in the php.ini file simply by changing the value of the magic_quotes_gpc to Off.
To disable magic quotes in php on GoDaddy:
1. Access to your hosting via FTP. BACK UP the .htaccess and php.ini
2. Copy or drag out the php.ini to your desktop, right click, open with notepad.
3. In php.ini add these lines:
; Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data.
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
; Magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ‘ with ” instead of \’).
magic_quotes_sybase = Off
4. Save it and rename the php.ini to php5.ini
5. Upload php5.ini to the root directory of your web host.
Now do this (to kill web system processes on Linux shared hosting accounts):
1. Log in to your Godaddy, Account Manager.
2. From the Products section, click Web Hosting.
3. Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
4. In the Stats & Monitors section of the hosting Control Panel, click the System Processes icon.
5. Click End Web and follow any prompts.
6. Reload the phpinfo.php page to see if the desired changes have taken effect.