How to Disable Pop-Up Help – Windows 7
Ever notice that when you hover your cursor over a program listing in the Start menu a little help box pops up? This help feature is called Balloon Help.
This feature can be useful for a beginning computer user. However, it can be another annoyance for more advanced users. If you don’t need this feature, why not disable it? Follow these steps to get rid of this feature:
- Click the Start menu and select Run, and then type regedit in the box and click OK.
- After the Registry Editor has loaded, navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Explorer, and Advanced.
- Right-click the entry called ShowInfoTip and select Modify.
- Set the value to ZERO to disable this feature, and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and log off and back on so that the feature can be removed.
- You are now finished.