How to Downgrade WordPress To Earlier Version
WordPress keeps updating constantly, however all hosting companies who provides free and easy installation of WordPress tend to install the latest version of it, witch is good but the downside is that most premium WordPress themes are not up to date with the latest release of WP therefor you need to downgrade WordPress to earlier version:
Downgrade WordPress To Earlier Version
1. Backup ALL your WordPress files in your WordPress directory. Including your .htaccess file.
2. Verify the backups by making sure they are usable. This is essential. (Doesn’t apply if this is a brand new installation of WordPress)
3. Do not attempt the Downgrade unless you have completed the backup and made sure it’s a usable backup. (Doesn’t apply if this is a brand new installation of WordPress)
4. Download and extract an earlier release of WordPress from http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive
5. Connect to your hosting site via FTP Client. I f you dont know how contact the hosting company they can assist you creating an FTP user and connecting to your hosting site.
6. Delete the old WordPress files on your site, but DO NOT DELETE
- wp-config.php file;
- wp-content folder; Special Exception: the wp-content/cache and the wp-content/plugins/widgets folders should be deleted.
- wp-images folder;
- wp-includes/languages/ folder–if you are using a language file do not delete that folder; (Doesn’t apply if this is a brand new installation of WordPress)
- .htaccess file–if you have added custom rules to your .htaccess, do not delete it;
- robots.txt file–if your blog lives in the root of your site (ie. the blog is the site) and you have created such a file, do not delete it. (This doesn’t apply if this is a brand new installation of WordPress)
6. Upload the earlier release of WordPress files from your computer to the appropriate WordPress folder on your hosting site.
7. Go to the dashboard (ie. www.your site.com/wp-admin.)
8. You will be prompted to click on Update your WodPress Database once done click on Continue.
That is it you are done!!!!