How to Dual Boot Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 13.10
This video tutorial is going to show you how to easily Dual Boot Ubuntu 13.10 ( Saucy Salamander) and Windows 8.1
Before you begin make sure to complete the first 3 items.
- Download Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander)
- Burn an ISO Image In Windows 8
- Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From CD/DVD
1. To get started, logon to Windows 8.1 Right click ‘Computer’ and select ‘Manage’.
2. Next, select ‘Disk Management’ Make sure that your hard drive does not contain 4 partitions or more. If you do have 4 or more partitions do not continue for this tutorial might not work.
3. Restart Windows 8.1 with the Ubuntu 13.10 on the disk drive.
4. Starting is going to ask you to press any key to boot from the CD or DVD press Enter.
5. Select your language and install Ubuntu, (downloading updates is optional.)
6. Select install Ubuntu alongside Windows 8.1 Click continue.
7. Make sure that you have the proper drive selected from the drop-down.
8. The right partition is where Ubuntu is going to be installed. The left partition is the Windows operating system.
9. Drag the handle bar to re-size the Ubuntu partition. Once you have selected the the size of your Ubuntu partition click install now.
10. Click continue to the popup window.
11. Select you time zone, keyboard layout, Username and password and you are done.