This video tutorial is going to show you how to easily Dual Boot Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with Windows 8.1
Before you begin make sure to complete the first 4 items.
- Disable UEFI
- Download Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Burn an ISO Image In Windows 8
- Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From CD/DVD
1. To get started, log on to Windows 8.1 Right click ‘This PC’ and select ‘Manage’.
2. Next, select ‘Disk Management’ Make sure that your hard drive does not contain 4 partitions or more. If you do have 4 or more partitions do not continue for this tutorial might not work.
3. Right click C: drive and select Shrink Volume from the drop down menu.
4. Select the size in Megs you wish to reserve for the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS installation. (create more than 10 Gigs for the Ubuntu installation)
5. Restart Windows 8.1 with the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on the disk drive.
6. Starting is going to ask you to press any key to boot from the CD or DVD press Enter key.
7. Select your language and install Ubuntu 14.04, (downloading updates is optional.)
8. Select install Ubuntu alongside Windows 8, Click Install Now
9. Select your time zone, keyboard layout, Username and password and you are done.