Get A Free SSL Certificate For Your Domain
We all know that SSL makes our website safer. It creates encrypted connections from web browsers and the servers so that it will not be intercepted by hackers. There are different types of SSL certificate and different levels of encryption on those certificates.
With SSL certificate installed on a website, we can do business transactions with confidence that private information will remain private. We always need to buy SSL certificate for a period of time, like one year, two years. But there is a way to get SSL certificate for your website for free.
1. Goto https://www.sslforfree.com/
2. Enter the website you need a certificate for like https://www.avoiderrors.com/
3. Now click on Create Free SSL Certificate, It will start creation verification data for the domain.
4. After creation of verification data, It will show the verification methods. You can use any verification method but Manual Verification (DNS) is the recommended one as its very easy. Click on Manual Verification (DNS) and click on Manually Verify Domain
5. Now it will give you the TXT records, add those records in your domain DNS.
6. After that, click on Verify _acme-challenge.www.avoideerrors.net.
7. You may have to wait a minute to a couple minutes for the DNS TXT record to propagate if the TTL record value does not show up or is not the same as the above values. If you get an error during verification that says “JWS has invalid anti-replay none” then just refresh the page (resending post data if prompted) until it works.
8. Once your domain got verified, you can click on Download SSL Certificate.
Now you have free SSL Certificate for you domain, Install it on your domain and you will have https enabled domain.