This is a step by step video tutorial on how to remove Windows Operating System and install linux Mint, which is the preferred Linux distro when making the transition from Windows to Linux.
3. Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From CD/DVD
4. Restart Windows with the Linux Mint 15 Olivia disk in the disk drive.
5. While re-boot is going to ask you to press any key to boot from the CD or DVD, press Enter key on your keyboard.
6. Once you boot from the Linux Mint 15 Click on install Linux Mint Icon on the top left.
7. Select your language and install Linux Mint 15 Olivia, (downloading updates is optional).
8. In the installation window, Select Erase disk and install Linux Mint. Click on Install now. This will re-format your hard drive so make sure to create a back up of your personal files and folders.
9. Select you time zone, keyboard layout, Username and password and you are done.
10. Once you restart you’ll be using Linux Mint 15