Create a System Restore Point in Windows 7
Sometimes installing a program or driver can make Windows run slowly or unpredictably. System Restore can return your PC’s system files and programs to a time when everything was working fine.
Ever wish you could turn back the clock after a bad crash? With Windows, you can.
1. Right-click on My Computer and go to Properties.
2. Click on the System Protection link.
3. The System Properties dialog screen opens up and you will want to click on Create.
4. Type in a description for the restore point which will help you remember the point at which is was created.
5. The time it takes to create the restore point will depend on the amount of data, computer speed etc.
6. All done! Now if something goes wrong you have the satisfaction knowing that you can go back in time to the point before the changes were made.