How to Create a New User Account in Windows 7 and Vista
With user accounts, several people can easily share a single computer. Each person can have a separate user account with unique settings and preferences, such as a desktop background or screen saver.
Create a new user account:
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on the Add or remove user accounts control panel.
5. In the Manage Accounts control panel. You will see all the accounts currently on your computer.
6. To create a new account, click on the Create a new account option.
7. You will now be at the Create New Account screen.
8. In the New account name field enter the name of the new account that you would like to create.This could be a person’s first name, or nickname.
You then need to decide which of the two types of accounts you would like to create.
The Administrator account has full access to the computer and can make any changes, install software, and create and delete accounts.
The Standard user has very limited privileges as to what settings and changes it can make on the computer.
9. As you can see the new user, named New User, has been created. Now when you re-start Windows 7 or Vista, you will see the additional account listed in the logon screen