Dual Boot Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) and Windows 8
This video tutorial is going to show you how to easily How to Dual Boot Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) and Windows 8. Now, the only reason you would want to do this is that you have only one computer and want to run both Ubuntu 13.04 and Windows on it. Since most Windows installations occupy the whole hard disk drive, the first thing we’re going to do is shrink the disk drive and make room to install Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail). This is easy to Follow.
Before you begin make sure to complete the first 3 items:
- Download Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail)
- Burn an ISO Image In Windows 8
- Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From CD/DVD
1. To get started, logon to Windows 8 Right click ‘Computer’ and select ‘Manage’.
2. Next, select ‘Disk Management’ and right-click the local disk (C:) then click ‘Shrink Volume’
3. Here, you can adjust the default value to your needs at least 6 Gigs or Higher. When ready click ‘Shrink’
4. After shrinking the drive, restart your computer while the Ubuntu 13.04 CD/DVD is in the CD ROM.
5. When prompted, boot from the CD/DVD press the enter Key in your keyboard.
5. Click install Linux Mint. Next, choose (Something else) and click ‘Continue’
6. Then highlight the free space and click ‘Add’ to create a swap space.
7. Next, specify the swap amount to create. 500 to 1000 MB is a fair amount. Don’t forget to choose swap area. Click Ok to close the window.
8. Next, click ‘Add’ again to create Ubuntu partition and accept all the free space available. Make sure to select the slash ( / ) as the mount point.
9. Next, choose the filesystem ext4 to install Linux on and click ‘Install Now’
10. Follow the wizard until you’re done. When you’re done, restart and boot from either Linux Mint or Windows.