Find Windows Product key on Unbootable Computer
Is there a way to recover Windows product keys from corrupt or unbootable drive? When your computer crashes or won’t boot up any longer, you may want to find lost Windows product key so you have it for a fresh install.
To retrieve your lost product keys on unbootable computer, it is recommended to use Password Recovery Bundle. This program comes with a handy feature to create a bootable CD (or USB) so you can boot off your crashed computer to find lost product keys of Windows 10 / 8 / 7, Microsoft Office, SQL Server and more.
How to Find Windows Product Key on Unbootable PC
- Get started by downloading Password Recovery Bundle on another functioning Windows computer. After installing and launching the program, click on the “Windows Password” button and select “Create Password Reset Bootable Disk“. Yes, this option lets you make a bootable CD to reset your forgotten Windows password as well as finding lost product keys.
2. Select a CD or USB thumb drive you want to write the built-in ISO image to, and click Start Burn. If you have selected a USB drive, you’ll receive a warning message saying that “All data on the selected USB flash drive will be destroyed! Do you want to continue?” If you have important data on the USB, click Yes to continue.
3. After the bootable CD/USB is created, connect it to your crashed or unbootable computer. Now power on the PC and it should boot from the CD or USB drive. If not, you’ll need to enter the BIOS and change the boot order to prioritise the DVD drive or USB drive.
4. When booting to the PCUnlocker program, click on Options and select “Find Product Key” from the pop-up menu.
5. You’ll get the product keys of Windows, Microsoft Office, SQL Server and other software installed on the unbootable hard drive. Click on Save and it allows you to backup the product keys to an external USB drive.
In additional to finding product key on unbootable computer, Password Recovery Bundle also allows you to recover license keys from a functioning machine, or from Windows registry files on external hard drive. If you’re looking for a product key finder program, it should be your nice solution.