Want to restore Acer Aspire One D260 notebook to its original settings without recovery CDs?
The recovery process helps you Restore your notebook to original content / software that is installed when you purchase your notebook. Follow the steps below to rebuild your C: drive. (Your C: drive will be reformatted and all data will be erased.)
It is important to back up all data files before using this option. Before performing a restore operation, please check the BIOS settings. To access the BIOS utility, press <F2> during POST
1. Check to see if Acer disk-to-disk recovery is enabled or not.
2. Make sure disk-to-disk (d2d) Recovery setting in the BIOS is Enabled.
3. Exit the BIOS utility and save changes.
The system will reboot. To start the recovery process:
1. Restart the system.
2. While the Acer logo is showing, press <Alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process.
3. Follow the screen instructions to perform the system recovery.
Important! This feature occupies 14 GB in a hidden partition on your hard disk
Note: If your system is the multilingual version, the operating system and language you choose when you first turn on the system will be the only option for future recovery operations.