How to Restore Data from a Backup – Windows 10
So now you have backed up your data, and you need to retrieve your files, how do you go about this? This step by step guide will help you to restore data from a backup on Windows 10 easily.
To restore your backed-up data on Windows 10, follow these procedural steps.
1. Begin by launching your settings environment by hitting your windows button on your keyboard or by selecting it at the bottom of your taskbar.
Search for the term ‘settings’ and then left click on it to launch your settings environment.
2. Once the settings tab ins open, navigate to ‘update & security’ then left click on it to open the ‘update & security’ window.
3. On the left panel of the ‘update & security’ window, click on the ‘backup’ menu option. Under the ‘back up using file history’ navigate to the ‘more options’ link then click on it.
4. This step provides you with a more flexible way of selecting the specific files that you intend to retrieve.
Note that this can range from specific files to the entire Windows 10 Operating System if you had backed it up in the first place.
The search box allows for faster navigation to the files that you intend to restore.
5. Once you have made all your interested folder selections, proceed to hit the ‘Restore files from a current backup’ link as shown below.
6. You should now see your files being copied from the backup to your computer as shown below.
Congratulations for retrieving your lost or corrupted files that you had earlier backed up on Windows 10.
Usually, the entire process is seamless to practically anyone that can read and follow the windows guides.
For instance, additional settings like ‘exclude may be available for exploration, especially those that we’ve not tacked in this article but are related to backed up files retrieval.