You need the following details regarding the FTP account on your server:
- Your website ftp address (usually ftp://example.com or if is a URL http://example.com)
- Your ftp username
- Your ftp password
- In the top left, click File then Site Manager
- Click New Site then name the new connection to what you want (example: My web server).
- Enter the ftp address for your website. Usually, if your website is https://www.avoiderrors.com, then the Host address will be ftp://AvoidErrors.net or AvoidErrors.net Do not put a / at the end unless specifically told to do so on your cpanel or by your host.
- Leave this settings FTP and Encryption as is, and the Port number should also be 21. Only change these if your FTP account details explicitly indicate that you should.
- Select Normal from the Drop down menu.
- Enter the username that you have been given. It may be just a username, or it may look like an email address (but it isn’t one). For instance, it would look similar to user or email@example.com
- Now enter your password. Remember that the password might be case sensitive.