Torrents are surrounded by a bad reputation surrounding the legality. Is torrenting illegal? Well, torrenting is used to share open source material within the public domain. Therefore, it only determines whatever you’re downloading.
A great torrent client should have a balance between affordable, fast & security.
QBittorrent is one of the best free torrent clients. Apart from utilizing minimal computer resources, qBittorrent provides the essentials while maintaining simplicity. The following steps will guide you through installation to torrenting.
Use qBittorrent in Mac Os
1. Head over to qBittorrent.com to get the latest version of qbittorrent.
2. Ensure you get the .dmg file that is compatible with your Mac.
3. Ensure you select your operating system as illustrated below:
4. Save your file to the folder of your choice.
5. Open the file as shown below:
6. Once the tab opens, you need to transfer the qbittorrent applications to the applications folder.
7. Once you try to open the app, you may encounter the error shown below. Hit the ‘OK’ button.
8. You now need to click on the ‘System Preference’ icon on the dock. Once the System Preferences tab opens, you need to choose the ‘Security & Privacy’ as illustrated below.
9. Under the ‘General’ tab, you should click on the ‘Open Anyway’ button.
10. The qbittorrent prompt containing the ‘Open’ button should now appear. Hit the ‘Open’ button as illustrated below:
11. Once you download a torrent file, it should automatically be linked with qbittorrent. If it doesn’t occur automatically as shown below, you should double click the .a file to open it in qbittorrent app.
12. The interface is very easy to use and navigate. Your downloading torrents will appear like the example screenshot below.
You now know how to torrent using qbittorrent in Mac Os. However, you need to ensure that you get a working torrent file. An ideal torrent file should have plenty of seeders as well as leachers. You should also be sure to get torrent files from trusted websites to avoid malware attacks.