Sometimes due to certain viruses that are present on your system will lead to hiding your folders. It depicts as if the virus or antivirus software has deleted those files but that is not the case. Sometimes the virus or bugs do tend to hide your folder making the user unable to see them.
Additionally by default Windows hides many files and folders, preventing users from deleting or modifying important operating system files. But you can Unhide these hidden files:
1) Click on the windows icon and type ‘control panel’.
2) Select ‘appearance and personalization’ and you will get a preview.
3) Now select ‘File Explorer Options’, this might at the bottom, you might need to scroll down to find this option.
4) Select ‘view’ from the top, under hidden files and folder select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.
5) Click ‘apply’.
The above method is a long one now let’s jump to method no. 2 which is relatively shorter and involve fewer steps.
1) Select any folder in which suspected folders are missing.
2) Open the folder
3) From the top select ‘view’ icon
4) Somewhere there is option ’hidden items’
5) Check this option
Note: This implementation will apply to all the folders present on your system. If you want this configuration to be implemented to a specific folder only then ‘select hidden selected item’. A box will appear then select ‘apply changes to this folder only’ or select ‘apply changes to this folder, subfolder, and files’ depending on your requirement.
You may also change the type of view in this bar again depending on your requirement.