How to use Folder Sizes Application
At times there comes a need when one need to manage different folders that are present on our disks, the number of folders are so enormous that it becomes difficult to manage for that purpose a tool is available on the internet called folder sizes.
There are different versions that are available but try using the latest one as it does not contain bug of previous versions.
What this folder application do that it simply measures each disk and each folder utilization in terms of utilization and remaining disk capacity available also it provides the type of disk being deployed in your system along with specification. I am using folder sizes version 8.5.185.
Use Folder Sizes Application
1. Download FolderSizes and install it on your system and run then run the application.
2. Once you run the application you can see a preview in which u can see all your drives along with details.
3. Select ’computer’ and the drive whose folder size is required.
4. Select ‘Bar graph ‘and ‘pie graph’ in order to get just a view.
5. Select ‘Details’ and from the top and select all the times and select details, now you can export the file any format, I have downloaded in pdf giving me all details related to my disk, drive, folders, disk type etc.
6. Keep all files selected and from the top bar select ’file reporter’ and choose the type according to your requirement, this feature will allow you to sort out data according to different parameters and download the file as pdf or excel etc.
7. Select ‘drives’ from the top bar and download the file, this will download all the related information to your drive’s life.
8. You can also use the ‘scheduler’ to schedule your folder size measurement.