Did you know you can share a Windows 10 laptop internet connection with other wireless devices. Just by running few command lines we can turn a Windows 10 laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Turn Your Windows 10 Laptop Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Before turning your Windows 10 laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot we need to make sure that the laptop supports Hosted network.
1. Right click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the command prompt type:
netsh wlan show drivers
( If it says : “Hosted network supported : Yes” you are able to create the Wi-Fi hotspot).
3. If supported, Let’s turn the laptop into a hotspot. In the command prompt type:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=ssidname key=wifipassword
4. Now our hotspot is configured, lets get the service started by entering this command:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
5. Once created we need to make it sharable, click on start search and select “ncpa.cpl” from the results.
6. Right click on the adapter currently being used to access the internet and click on Properties. ( In this written post I am using the Wireless adapter to access the internet.)
7. Click on Sharing tab and check mark “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection“, under Home network connection: select your hosted network name from the drop-down and uncheck “Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection”. Click OK to save settings.
Now you can use any wireless device and access the internet using the Windows 10 Wi-Fi hotspot you have created. In case you wish to stop or disable your hotspot run command prompt as admin and type “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” you are done!