Import Outlook Express DBX file to Outlook 2013, 2010, and 2007 PST file
This article lays emphasis on different ways using which you can import Outlook Express DBX file to Outlook 2013, 2010, and 2007 PST file. Therefore, if you have DBX to PST file conversion requirement, go through it to get acquainted with the manual and automated procedures.
You may wish to convert Outlook Express DBX file to Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007 PST file for one or the other reason. It could be because you have received a DBX file from your boss or colleague in the office or that you wish to migrate from Outlook Express to MS Outlook. Be it any reason, the foremost thing is to know how to import DBX to Outlook 2007, 2010, or 2013.
Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) file conversion methods
Method 1: If both MS Outlook and Outlook Express are configured on the same PC
If you use this method to convert DBX to PST files you would have to open ‘Import and Export Tool’. Select an option depending on the MS Outlook version installed on your system.
1. In MS Outlook 2010, click on File Tab and then Open >> Import
2. In Outlook 2007, open File menu and choose Import and Export option
3. Click on Import-Internet Mail and Addresses and then click Next button.
4. Choose Outlook Express and then ‘Import-mail-checkbox’
5. Click Next and then Finish button. After that, select ‘Save in Inbox’ option that saves the copy of ‘import summary’ in the Inbox. With this action, DBX file is exported to PST file format.
Method 2: If Outlook and Outlook Express are configured on different PCs
If you use this method to import Outlook Express DBX file to Outlook PST, you would have to find out the location of the DBX file first. After doing so, you can import the emails using the ‘Import-Export Wizard’. The Outlook Express files should be on the PC where Outlook is already configured to move Inbox.dbx file of Outlook Express to Outlook. Next, execute the steps mentioned below for importing Outlook Express (DBX) file to Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007 (PST) format.
1. Copy folders that are present in Outlook Express
2. Go to Tools menu in which the Outlook Express Email account is completely setup
3. Click Options and then Maintenance button
4. Choose Outlook Express Program dialog box and then click on the ‘Stored Folder’
(Note: Keep a note of the storage location as briefed in Dialog Box to store data.)
Tip: You should be aware of the storage location while you move emails from Outlook Express to Outlook. The storage location can be used at any time while you execute the steps. You can execute the steps even faster if you choose data items in the field and click CTRL as well as C key simultaneously to copy the files and then paste it on Notepad by clicking on CTRL and V key simultaneously.
You can change the default view in Windows Explorer for checking the hidden Folders. It is to be because Outlook Express folder is located to an inside/hidden folder. The users can opt for any option to migrate DBX to Outlook for importing Account Name and Settings from Outlook Express. The steps are quite easy to execute and also quick because they are just 5 in number and have been cited below:
1. In MS Outlook 2010, click Open and then choose Import on tab for file option
2. In Outlook 2007, go to File menu and choose Import and export option
3. You can go for Import-Internet-Mail-Account-Settings option and thereafter click on the Next button
4. Select Outlook Express and afterward click on the Next button
5. Once all steps are over, execute them once again where Outlook Express and Outlook email clients are configured on the same or different PCs.
The above two methods are manual ways using which you can import Outlook Express to Outlook 2007, 2010, and more versions. Therefore, you can face several issues while executing these methods, such as they can be time consuming and require you to have technical expertise. To avoid these, you can go for automated option, i.e. third-party tool that can convert DBX file of Outlook Express to PST file of Outlook.
The Way Forward – Stellar DBX to PST Converter
Through this article it is advised that you go forward with Stellar DBX to PST Converter that is devised to convert DBX to PST file that can be further imported and accessed in Outlook. The reason being, this professional tool is extremely easy-to-use and exports all data components, such as emails, contacts, attachments of emails, and many more. Further, it has the following traits:
- Executes DBX to PST conversion effectively
- Finds all DBX files saved on your PC
- Converts multiple DBX files concurrently
- Compatible with MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 version
Leverage Stellar DBX to PST Converter to get the best results to import DBX to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 or other versions easily!