Did you know you can install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your PC. This version, can be used on your smartphone, tablet and on your PC. Here is how to test drive Android 6.0 Marshmallow virtually before taking the steps to install it on your actual PC.
You can use it just like you’d use it on your phone or tablet. Here, I’ll show you how you can use the latest version of Android into your PC using VirtualBox.
1. Download and install Oracle VirtualBox.
3. After VirtualBox is installed open it and click on New.
4. Then enter a name (ex. Marshmallow) and as operating system choose Type: Linux and version: Other linux (64 or 32-bit) and click Next.
5. Then Assign 1 GB Ram (you don’t need more) and click on Next.
6. Click on Create a Virtual Hard Disc now and then select VDI (Virtualbox Disc Image) and then Dynamically Allocated and Next.
7. Leave the size to default 8 GB , if you can you can go with 16 GB as well and click on Create.
8. Then select the new virtual machine you created and click on Settings.
9. Click on System and select Pointing Device to PS2 Mouse and enable Hardware Clock in UTC Time.
10. Then click on Processor tab and assign 2 CPU.
11. Click on Storage and click on the empty optical drive and click on the little disk on top right left and click on Virtual Optical Disk File and browse to select the android file we downloaded on step 2.
12. Then click on Ok and start the virtual machine.
13. After you start it a menu will appear and in there select Install Android-x86 to harddisk option and press Enter.
14. Then select Create/Modify Partitions option and press Enter.
15. Select No when it asks if you want to use GPT and press Enter.
16. Using the arrows select New.
17. Select Primary and then press Enter to assign the hole partition space.
18. Select Write.
19. Then type yes on your keyboard and press Enter. To write the partition table on the disk.
20. Go to Quit and press Enter.
21. Then select the first partition we just created and press Enter.
22. As a file system select ext4 and press Enter.
23. Then to confirm the format choose Ok and press Enter.
24. When it asks to install GRUB press Ok.
25. Skip EFI GRUB2.
26. Press Ok when it asks to confirm the installation of system directory.
27. After write to disk is complete, you need to eject the ISO file by going to bottom right corner and click on little disk and click on the ISO we used to install to eject it.
28. Then click on Machine>Reset to restart the virtual machine.
29. After the machine is restarted you should see the boot screen and then it will take you to the page where you set up your device.
After you have set up your machine , you are ready to go and explore android (internet works without hanging anything).