How To Install Azure PowerShell Module In Windows 10
Do you do your IT work through Microsoft Azure, and sure you know that most of the tasks are done using Azure portal, also some tasks can be done through PowerShell as well.
By installing Azure PowerShell it will add “cmdlets”, Azure services can be using by Portal and PowerShell, In this tutorial iam going to explain step by step how you can install Azure PowerShell module in Windows 10, and also this steps working with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, follow the below steps to guranatee a successful result.
1. In the first, you have to make sure that you have the right version of “PowerShellGet” you can make sure of that by running the below command, and the result must match the below screenshot.
Get-Module PowerShellGet -list | Select-Object Name,Version,Path
2. Rerun PowerShell but with Administrator privileges.
3. Run the below command to start the installation process of Azure PowerShell.
Install-Module AzureRM -AllowClobber
– Type “A” and hit Enter to continue the installation, and the installation process will start to download and install the required files, just like the below screenshot.
4. The AzureRM module is a roll-up module for the Azure Resource Manager cmdlets. When you install the AzureRM module, any Azure PowerShell module not previously installed is downloaded and from the PowerShell Gallery.
5. After the module is installed successfully, you will need to load the module with your current PowerShell session, and you should do that with a PowerShell that running with Administrator privileges, use the below command to load the module.
– And also I had tested it by running the command “Login-AzureRmAccount” which enables you to log in to your Azure account, check the below screenshot.
After this tutorial, you should be able to know how you can install Azure PowerShell on Windows 10, and how to connect to your Azure Account.