How to Install Linux Mint 15 Olivia Alongside Windows 7. In this tutorial I’m not going to be partitioning my Windows 7 hard drive While installing Linux Mint 15 Olivia
I’ll Partition the Hard Drive throughout the installation of Linux Mint 15 Olivia
- Download Linux Mint 15 Olivia
- Burn an ISO Image In Windows 7
- Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From CD/DVD
Note: Right click Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management there make sure your C: Drive does not contain four partitions or more. Linux will not partition a hard drive containing four partitions or more.
1. Restart Windows 7 with the Linux Mint 15 Olivia disk in the disk drive.
2. While re-boot is going to ask you to press any key to boot from the CD or DVD, press Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Once you boot from the Linux Mint 15 Click on install Linux Mint Icon on the top left.
4. Select your language and install Linux Mint 15 Olivia, (downloading updates is optional.)
5. Select Install Linux Mint Alongside Windows 7. Click continue.
6. Make sure that you have the proper drive selected from the drop-down.
7. The right partition is where Linux Mint 15 is going to be installed. The left partition is the Windows 7 operating system.
8. Drag the handle bar to re-size the Linux Mint 15 partition. Once you have selected the the size of your Linux Mint 15 partition click install now.
9. Click continue to the popup window.
10. Select you time zone, keyboard layout, Username and password and you are done.
11. Once you restart you’ll be prompted with the grub menu to select the operating system you will like to boot from.