How to Install Microsoft Office 2007 on Ubuntu Linux
To Install Microsoft Office 2007 on Ubuntu Linux we are going to use Wine: Wine is a free open source application that that allows you to run Microsoft Windows programs on Linux.
1. We need to install Wine from the Ubuntu Software center, so open the Ubuntu Software Center, search for Wine, and install the Wine package by downloading Microsoft Windows Comparability Layer (meta-package).
2. A popup will appear to enter your password and authenticate.
3. Once the Microsoft Windows Comparability Layer (meta-package) is installed. Insert the Microsoft Office disc into your computer.
4. A Microsoft Office disk icon will appear on the left menu bar, just click to open the file manager, right-click the setup.exe file, and open with Wine Windows Program Loader.
5. If everything works fine, you should be able to go through the installation of Microsoft Office 2007 on Linux as you would on Windows.