This brief tutorial will show you how to install Microsoft Office 2010 on Ubuntu 13.10 using Play on Linux. To ease the transition if you are thinking on going from Windows to Ubuntu Linux.
1. Place the Microsoft Office 2010 disk on your computer.
2. Then go to Software Center. Enter your password if prompted.
3. In the Software center Search for Play on Linux, and Click the Install Button from the results. Enter your password if prompted.
4. Agree to the terms and conditions if prompted.
6. Once Play on Linux is installed go to Menu open theTerminal to enter the following commands with out the quotes:
sudo apt-get install curl
sudo apt-get install unrar-free p7zip-full
7. Press enter after each command Followed by your password.
Curl: a client to get files from servers using any of the supported protocols.
7-Zip: is an open source file archiver an application used to compress files.
8. Once Curl and 7-Zip are installed. Go to Menu again and search and open Play on Linux.
9. Click next to the wizard Wait for the Refreshing PlayOnLinux finish to click next again.
10. Click on Install, and search for MS Office 2010, double click Microsoft Office 2010 from the results
11. Select Use a setup file in my computer and Browse for the setup.exe of the Microsoft Office 2010 disk.
12. Double click the setup.exe and click on next on the Play on Linux Wizard.
13. From here on it will install and configure all necessary programs to complete the installation of Microsoft office 2010. like Wine and .NET Framework.