Plesk is commercial web hosting data center automation software developed for Linux- and Windows-based commercial hosting service providers.
Plesk was designed to install and manage web hosting systems and applications on a single server.
The control panel is designed to simply manage and administrate the websites by automating different tasks on a single server.
Plesk’s control panel allows a server administrator to set up new websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, and DNS entries through a web-based interface. The administrator has the ability to create clients & site templates, which predetermine resource allocation parameters for the domains and/or clients.
The latest version of Plesk has integrated support for Github, Docker, Multi-server management, and framework ready environment for Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby on rails and more.
Plesk installs different versions of management system for “MySQL and PostgreSQL databases, Apache Tomcat Java platform server, and ColdFusion server.
We are going to explain how you can install Plesk on Windows Server 2012 step by step.
2. After you had downloaded the installer file, double-click on it to start the installation progress, which it will open in your web browser automatically.
3. The next screen will prompt for the password of the current administrator of your Windows server, type it and click on “Log In”.
4. On the next screen, click on “Install or upgrade product”.
5. On the screen below select “Plesk” with its latest stable version “Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 (Stable)”, then press Continue.
6. Then “Plesk” download will start in the web browser it may take several minutes.
7. On this screen, select the additional packages that you want to install with “Plesk”, and then press Continue.
8. If you want to store “Plesk” data files in another folder, you can do that through the below screen, but i recommend to leave it to the defaults, enter your administrator password and press Continue.
9. “Plesk” installation will start like below.
10. Then the installation will prompt that the packages installed successfully, click Ok to proceed.
11. Once you are done from the step above, Plesk will show you that you can add more components.
12. Now login to your Plesk server by opening your web browser and entering your IP address following by “:8443”, and enter your default username and password of your windows server.
After this tutorial you should be able to download and install Plesk and also be able to install Plesk components if you have any inquiry regarding this guide, please comment with it below and one of “AvoidErrors” team will try to reply you ASAP.