How to Install Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2016
“RDS” Remote Desktop services which know as “Terminal Services” in Windows Server 2008 and earlier, it’s also one Microsoft components that give the user the ability to control a remote computer or a virtual machine through a network connection
To be able to use these features, you must install Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2016 or 2016 R2. So, in this tutorial, I will explain step by step how you can install Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2016.
Install Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2016
1. Open Server Manager. Click Add Roles and Features.
2. Click Next on Before you begin page. make sure to select “Remote Desktop Services installation” just like the below screenshot and then click Next.
3. Choose Quick Start as Deployment Type and click Next.
4. Deployment Scenario can also be either virtual machine-based or session-based. Here, I will choose session-based. Click Next.
5. On Server Selection page of the installation wizard, your server will be automatically added as shown below. Click Next.
6. Review the installation options. Check, Restart the destination server automatically if required option. Click Deploy.
7. The installation will now begin. The server will reboot automatically. After the reboot, log back in, you can see the installation has completed successfully. Click Close.
8. Let’s get sure that our installation is done successfully, open Server Manager, and click on “Remote Desktop Service” on the left side of the screen, you will see the RDS deployment overview just like the below screenshot as also “RD Web Access, RD Connection Broker, RD Session Host”.
9. Under “Collections” click on “QuickSessionCollection” once you click on it you will be able to see some ready applications just like the below screenshot such as “Calculator, Paint, Wordpad” that are already published.
10. To gain access to this application navigate to your web browser and write download the URL of your RD web access server, then use your server credentials to log in.
11. Once you log in successfully you will be able to see the published application, just like the below screenshot.
After this tutorial you should be able to know how you can install RDS on your Windows Server 2016 successfully.