The Windows Server Essentials Experience role is easy to install in Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter.
Once you install the Windows Server Essentials Experience role, you can have all the features that are available to you in Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials without the locks and limits enforced in it, In this tutorial I am going to explain step by step how you can install Windows Server Essentials in Windows Server 2012, follow the below steps to guarantee a successful result.
1. Run Server Manager from your taskbar or start menu, and then click “Add roles and Features”.
2. The Wizard help page will appear just skip it by clicking Next.
3. Make sure to select “Role-based or Feature-based installation”, and then click Next.
4. Select your own server from the server pool and then click Next.
5. Make sure to check “Windows Server Essentials Experience” from the roles list and then click Next.
6. Don’t check anything on the features page and click Next.
7. This page of the wizard will give you an overview of the role that you are about to install, you can ignore it and click Next.
8. Confirm also the installation of “Web Server Role (IIS)” and click Next.
9. On the final page of the installation wizard, make sure to check “Restart the destination server automatically if required” and then click Install.
10. Now the “Windows Server Essentials Experience” role is being installed, wait till the installation is done and make sure that your server restart so changes can take effect,
After this tutorial you should be able to know how you can install “Windows Server Essentials Experience” role on Windows Server 2012 as it also this tutorial can go with any other windows server after 2008.