How to Install Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) alongside Windows 7. In this tutorial I’m not going to be partitioning my Windows 7 hard drive in Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail).
Ill do everything throughout the installation of Ubuntu 13.04
- Download Ubuntu 13.04
- Burn an ISO Image In Windows 7
- Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From CD/DVD
1. Restart Windows 8 with the Ubuntu 13.04 on the disk drive.
2. Starting is going to ask you to press any key to boot from the CD or DVD press Enter.
3. Select your language and install Ubuntu, (downloading updates is optional.)
4. Select install Ubuntu alongside Windows 7. Click continue.
5. Make sure that you have the proper drive selected from the drop-down.
6. The right partition is where Ubuntu is going to be installed. The left partition is the Windows operating system.
7. Drag the handle bar to re-size the Ubuntu partition. Once you have selected the the size of your Ubuntu partition click install now.
8. Click continue to the popup window.
9. Select you time zone, keyboard layout, Username and password and you are done.