To optimize Windows 8 performance by tweaking Visual Effects:
1. Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard and Select System from the menu.
2. In the System window Click on Advanced system settings on the top left
3. In the Advance tab select settings under performance.
4. In the Performance Options window, you will see 3 options:
- Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
- Adjust for best appearance
- Adjust for best performance.
Selecting Adjust for best performance will make your Windows 8 perform much better, sacrificing the visual effects.
I prefer check adjust for best performance and check the Use shadows for icon lables on the desktop. So I wont feel I have lost all visual effect.
click Apply then OK.