How to Play MKV Files In Windows 8.1 Using VLC
VLC is one of the most powerful player and easy to set up! VLC plays all major video and audio and It’s designed to play all types of HD videos and audio like mp3,wav.
To start playing your .MKV files just follow the simple steps:
2. The installation of VLC is very simple, just follow the instruction on the installation wizard.
3. Once you finish the installation of VLC don’t be quick to run the file. We want tom make sure all .MKV’s will run using VLC.
4. Right click on any .MKV file, select Open with from the context menu, Choose default program…
5. In the Options dialog box make sure that “Use this app for all .MKV files” is checked and select VLC media Player
6. Now is OK to play the .MKV file. From now on all your .MKV files will play with VLC.