1. To access Local Group Policy Editor click on Server Manager -> Tools -> Group Policy Management
2. Expand Forrest -> Domains -> Right click your domain controller and select Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here…
3. Name the GPO “Disable Notification Area” and click OK.
4. The new GPO will appear in the list. Right click it and select Edit…
5. Expand User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar
6. Look for Disable Notification Area and double click to edit.
7. Select Enabled to Disable the Notification Area. Click Apply and OK.
To Disable Balloon notifications (optional)
1. Look for Turn off all balloon Notification and double click to edit.
2. Select Enabled to Disable all balloon Notification. Click Apply and OK.