How to Remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notification
How to Remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notification, If you bought Windows XP and have been unlucky enough to fail the validation (which isn’t uncommon) then you might just want to remove the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA). This is a non-vital Windows component, which means that without it your copy of Windows XP will continue to work.
I’ve provided two methods of removing WGA. One way is manually and, the other is using Windows Genuine Advantage Crack Software. I’d recommend you try the first set of instructions to begin, the second method is provided in case you can’t get the first working.
- Before you start is recommended to Back up the Registry
- Click the start button then click on run.
- In the space type regedit.
- Go to My ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon In this location delete the folder Notify.
- Restart your PC and your WGA notifications shouldn’t be visible. These next steps will delete the files for good.
- Click the start button then Open My Computer.
- Open local disk.In local disk open the WINDOWS folder.
- In that folder open the folder System32.
- Look for the following executable file wgatray.exe
- Now delete the wgatray.exe file.
- Now we are Finished
Note: If you have tried to delete WgaTray.exe and it says “Access is denied”
1. Launch Windows Task Manager.
2. End wgatray.exe process in Task Manager and retry. if it doesn’t work then
3. Restart Windows XP in Safe Mode.
4. Delete WgaTray.exe from C:WindowsSystem32.